2015: GOING ONE STEP BEYOND!
This 10th edition of the competition focuses on the emotional aspect of design, and how this can specifically apply to eyewear frames.
Window to the world
Screens, filters or windows to the world, do glasses affect the relationship between individuals and their view of their environment?
Can wearing glasses be something other than an objective sensory experience for those who wear them and those who see them?
Go beyond the visible, beyond the product, enter the world of emotions, describe the feelings that are important to you, and then design the corresponding eyewear and associated services.
Carole FAVART - Kansei Design General Manager at TOYOTA Motor Europe
Members of the international jury
- Philippe BESNARD, Global Footwear Design director, AMER SPORTS – France
- Jean COLLIER, Optician, DIX DIXIEME – France
- Valérie LEBOUCQ , Journaliste Marketing et Design, LES ECHOS – France
- Olivier MACHE, Section manager Design & User experience, HP HEWLETT-PACKARD – Spain
- Sylvain MARIAT, Head of creative design, AIRBUS CORPORATE JET CENTRE – France
- Christina MELANDER, Change maker Design & Innovation, DANISH DESIGN CENTER – Denmark
- Eija SALMI, Secretary General, CUMULUS Association of Universities and Colleges of Art and Design – Finland
- Anne STENROS, Design Director, KÖNE CORPORATION – Finland
- Yves VOGLAIRE, Director, ORIGINN DESIGNERS & ASSOCIATES – Belgium
- 1st prize: 5.000 euros
- 2nd prize: 3.000 euros
- 3rd prize: 1.500 euros
- Special prize: 500 euros
- Registration and submission of projects: October 06th – December 31th 2014
- Initial selection by the panel of judges: February 06th 2015
- Completion of prototypes for the 10 selected projects: March - May 2015
- Final meeting of the panel of judges & Awards ceremony: July 28th May 2015, Paris